Dr. Ceron's Home Page
Welcome to my website and I hope that you will find the information helpful. During this school year we will survey different periods in U.S. History and World History.
- The High School United States History course provides students with a survey of major events and themes in United States history. The course begins with English settlement and concludes with significant developments in the early 21st Century.
- The High School World History course provides students with a comprehensive, intensive study of major events and themes in world history. Students begin with a study of the earliest civilizations worldwide and continue to examine major developments and themes in all regions of the world. The course culminates in a study of change and continuity and globalization at the beginning of the 21st century.
- We will use Google Classroom, Google Docs to do classwork assignments and you will submit assignments to Google Classroom by using Google Docs (DO NOT Use Microsoft Word to submit assignments).
- We will use USATest Prep to do most tests and quizzes and homework assignments as well as practice activities. You will receive a pass code to login in your own USATest Prep account unless you have one already.
- Homework and any other written assignment will be submitted through Google Classroom on the due date.
Please sign up to my Remind to receive important information about upcoming assignments:
World History: Text @8k66fk6 to “81010” for World History
U.S. History: Text @f36b8f to “81010” for U.S. History
Tutoring is available most days in the morning before school. Please make appointment with me beforehand to let me know.
- 3 Ring Binder (1- 1 ½ Inch), Dividers (9), Loose Leaf Paper (College Ruled)
- Pens (Black and Blue), Pencils, Highlighters
- Index Cards and Holder/Box
- Color pencils
- Arrive to class on time and be in your seat and ready to work when the bell rings.
- Be prepared
- Respect your classmates and teacher
- Give your all, all the time
- Be responsible for your actions
- NO eating, NO cell phones are permitted in the classroom (ONLY for educational purposes, when permitted by teacher). Consequences will follow when rules are not followed.
- Accept the consequences for your actions
- Desire to learn
The Golden Rule
- Treat others the way you want to be treated
- Respect classroom
- Respect rules
- Respect teacher
U.S. History Grading
Summative Assessments (Unit Tests Tests, Projects): 60%
Formative Assessments (Chapter Quizzes): 40%
World History Grading
Summative Assessments (Chapter Tests, Projects): 60%
Formative Assessments (Quizzes, Projects): 40%
School phone number: 706-650-6040