The name "Greenbrier"
"Greenbrier" was an important waterway in Columbia County when the county was created by an Act of the General Assembly of Georgia on December 10, 1790. Greenbrier Creek joins Kiokee Creek north of Tubman Road where it creates Big Kiokee. This junction is located north of the property where Greenbrier High School rests, at which the creek eventually flows into the Savannah River.
Students can be proud of the name Greenbrier. It has come to imply diligence, security, brotherhood, and success. it has played important roles in our country and in Columbia County history.