Board Procedure - Student Social Events
BOARD PROCEDURE Descriptive Code: JHD
Procedures and Regulations Governing School Dances
- The local administrator will approve all dances.
- Chaperones and police will be at all dances. Chaperones must be responsible adults approved by the principal such as a teacher or parent volunteer.
- Chaperones will restrict re-entry to the dances.
- Only those students presently enrolled in Columbia County Schools may attend the activity.
- Disciplinary policies and procedures approved by the Board of Education will be enforced.
- All activities must cease prior to or by 12 midnight and must adhere to SACS requirements on frequency and time restrictions.
- The sponsors of the dance are responsible for cleaning the facility and could be held responsible for damage or cost of repair.
- Employees serving as chaperones will also be considered as on duty supervisors and official representatives of their school.
Procedures and Regulations Governing High School Proms
- Because the Prom is a school function, students must dress and behave accordingly. ALL school rules and regulations will be enforced.
- Every student must show a photo ID for admittance to the Prom.
- A written letter of permission to attend Prom is required for all guests not attending the school sponsoring the Prom.
- Guests who attend other high schools will be required to submit a letter of “Good Standing” on their school’s letterhead signed by an administrator.
- Guests not currently attending high school must submit a copy of their driver’s license and a certified verification form from a law enforcement agency indicating completion of a Criminal Background Check. Additionally, a permission letter is required from each Columbia County student’s parent or guardian granting permission for his or her child to attend prom with such a guest.
- No guest over the age of 20 will be allowed to attend Prom without appropriate approval by the school administration.
REVISED: 8/7/00, 4/9/12, 4/23/12, 1/21/14, 7/27/20
Columbia County Board of Education